Saturday 28 November 2009

Another sad day

On the 29th of November 2003 my dear friend Ingrid lost her battle against Breast Cancer - she was only 25 years old. She fought bravely and remained positive throughout....she was a wonderful friend and I miss her so much. I can hardly believe that 6 years have passed by since she left us.

We had just gotten our make-up applied for my wedding here.

She was a wonderful Bridesmaid


Below is a poem she wrote.....it holds so much meaning for me!

The sun has closed this winter’s day
And moonbeam fairies dance and play
The wind gets up and the trees, they sway
This is end of another sad day.
But your sadness will not last forever
As time goes on, it will get better.
Keep remembering, ‘cause you’ll never forget her.

The silences are just like glass
Too empty for the present and the past
But never mind, they will not last.

And just a word before I go
I’ll always be here when you’re feeling low.

By
Ingrid Rosie

"As we grow older, things must change, but they don't always have to end. Even though it is different now, you will always be my friend"

No comments: